Tasikoki Visitor and Education Centre, as part of Tasikoki Wildlife Rescue Centre, is looking for passionate individuals who wants to make a difference for Indonesian wildlife to join our expanding team.
Preference is given to applicants from North Sulawesi, but qualified individuals from outside North Sulawesi are welcomed to apply. However, please note that Tasikoki does not offer a relocation allowance upon successful recruitment
Education and Communication Officer (Full time)
- Deliver educational programs to audiences of all ages. This includes talks, displays/exhibitions and other educational activities and giving guided tours of the Wildlife Rescue Centre
- Arrange, oversee and execute educational programs, events, and roadshows.
- Train volunteers to assist with educational programs and liaise with volunteers.
- Assist with the development of new educational materials.
- Liaise with the media with regard to Tasikoki projects and campaigns.
- Passionate about wildlife conservation and environment issues.
- Confident public speaker. Able to communicate well with audiences of all ages, including preschoolers.
- Able to commit full- time for a minimum of one year, preferably longer.
- Able to work from Oktober 2013 onwards (mostly on weekdays, but possibly at some weekends and public holidays)
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (e.g. Word, Excel, Power points)
- Possibility to interact with international volunteers and visitors is guaranteed, so proficiency in English will be an advantage
- Writing skills will be an advantage.
- Website management skills will be an advantage.
- Knowledge of wildlife protection issues will be an advantage.
Please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Only shortlisted candidates will be notified. Closing date for application 21 September 2013